Ugrás a tartalomra
TauriWoW Community

Kytanna    6

Once again utilizing the WayBackMachine, some of the best class based guides tend to be from IcyVeins. ( As well as Noxx, but that's for another thread. )  But since they simply replace the old information once another expansion comes out I was under the impression those guides were gone forever. Thankfully not anymore.

Edit: I didn't quite think I'd have to write this out, but I should always assume with these situations. These are good for nothing more than overviews, I never personally used them for anything more than a general overview of talents glyphs and rotations even when I played retail. ( Which I did until Legion released. WoD was painful enough to live through Legion was too much. ) I suppose since I just geared on random rather than following a strict guide I was unaware that anyone would take it quite that literal. These sites are not law, even in retail. They are good for basic overviews so you can get the hang of your class.

Death Knight

Blood

Unholy

Frost

Druid

Balance

Feral

Guardian

Restoration

Hunter

Beast Mastery

Marksmanship

Survival

Mage

Arcane

Fire

Frost

Monk

Brewmaster

Mistweaver

Windwalker

Paladin

Holy

Protection

Retribution

Priest

Discipline

Holy

Shadow

Rogue

Assassination

Combat

Subtlety

Shaman

Elemental

Enhancement

Restoration

Warlock

Affliction

Demonology

Destruction

Warrior

Arms

Fury

Protection

Módosítva Kytanna által

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon
generion    8

mop-veins.tk is basically the same. However the server is at 5.4 while you can't collect 5.4 items at all thus it doesn't help much simply because you might want to calculate pp% for much lower values. Making the concept of copying old theorycrafting stuff obsolete here.

Módosítva generion által
  • The fuck is this 1

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon
Kytanna    6

Once I'm back home from work I can easily go through and tweak the dates to an older patch so that we actually have access to the gear mentioned. Like I had mentioned in the Noxx thread sometimes just having an overview of a class you're new to or returning to can help. That's the risk with private servers, most guides are created for retail. All you can do is try to make the best of the information you can get.

But honestly these should have always just been taken at face value, even for retail. It's really not good to take guides literal, you'll frustrate yourself. Edited both this thread and the Noxx with the disclaimer.

Módosítva Kytanna által

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon
generion    8

The main problem is that you can't find any calculations about this specific situation where the content and the patch differ. Older guides have the same flaw. I'm sorry, I didn't read the other post's disclaimer, but now it's clear. However ppl tend to take it seriously so it's important to note.

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon
Kytanna    6
1 minute ago, generion said:

The main problem is that you can't find any calculations about this specific situation where the content and the patch differ. Older guides have the same flaw. I'm sorry, I didn't read the other post's disclaimer, but now it's clear. However ppl tend to take it seriously so it's important to note.

I hadn't realized, so thank you. I'm new to slapping information out there rather than just using it, so any new experiences help me improve, even if it's to remember to leave disclaimers for people. I've never been the type to  take any of these guides literal even in retail so my dumb ass never assumed that others would. Live and learn.

• Like 1

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon
Amoranthi    1

General guides are a blessing to have especially if you're coming back into MoP from new expansions, especially WoD because they changed so much. While the gear and content may differ the overall view of the class is very helpful for understanding how the talents, moves and the class itself generally work. It's very good to have if you're starting up a class that you haven't played before and the icy veins website has completed links for raids (including older MoP ones that are usable in TauriWoW). So this post offers a good little set up to look into the general overview of the patch itself which is nice! So thanks for the master post! :D

• Pusheen Blush 1

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

Hozz létre egy felhasználói fiókot és jelentkezz be a hozzászóláshoz

A hozzászóláshoz bejelentkezés szükséges.

Új fiók létrehozása

Regisztrálj új fiókot egyszerűen!

Új fiók létrehozása

Bejelentkezés

Van már fiókod? Jelentkezz be itt.

Jelentkezz be most