Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
noyr

Current state of Crystalsong.

Recommended Posts

Alright, where to even begin this.

Currently Crystalsong is set to launch with x1 rates 1-80, untill all race / class realm firsts are achieved.


What are the criterias for a succesful x1 1-80 server? Working leveling process, minimal to none bugged quests and working RDF tool.
Why are these criterias for a succesful x1 1-80 server? If you level x1 in classic content, and zones have bugged quests, you will run out of ways to gain xp other than to grind endlessly on mobs towards no further purpose, or to que RDF.

Currently on Crystalsong, every single zone has major questlines that are bugged, quests that can not be completed. What is the result of this? Not enough xp from the world so you have to go to RDF. The only problem with this, is  that RDF is in an awful state. My 4 friends and I que'd up for RDF at level 20, to test it out. First we get Wailing Caverns, overall it looked nice but you can't complete the dungeon because the event doesnt work. Okay, we leave and try to que again. We get SFK, we kill first boss and there's no event to open the first door, you can't complete the dungeon.

I go to Ghostlands, the most popular leveling zone for horde level 10-20. Let me give 2 examples of how it is to level in Ghostlands:
https://streamable.com/3dp1u2
You can't enter crypts because of invisible walls, meaning you can't complete 2 major questlines.

https://streamable.com/tpl09y
If you enter the troll huts you are stuck in there and can't leave them, you are stuck.

On top of this the major zones I tested like Dustwallow marsh, Felwood, Searing Gorge have major issue with quest chains not being completeable or quests simply not being there at all.

You are making a server x1 xp for up at least 10 days like this, because it will even longer to level with all these bugged subjects untill your xp boost is enabled.  This will result in people getting angry that they can't level up, stopping to play and forgetting about the server because it will take an abnormal time for x7 to kick in.

It makes 0 sense to set rates at x1 unless you have perfectly working quests and dungeon finder, all it will do is kill the player base. I understand why you WANT x1 for launch, but it will ruin you.

Before people say "Just report it on the bug tracker" - there are so many bugs that I, 1 player, discovered in the matter of 1 day would have to spend hours making bug reports, and seeing how poorly of a state the server is in it doesn't make sense to me to even report this. All of this can be fixed by setting the rates to x2 or x3. By allowing x2 or x3 people can bypass all the bugged quests and zones, by having x1 you're forcing players to play bugged VANILLA ZONES on a 3.3.5 server.

If people just look at my 2 posted videos you'll understand where I'm coming from, this is just 1 zone of many. I tested roughly 8 zones and had to stop playing as I ran out of quests, my character was stuck unless I grinded 3 levels on mobs.

All I'm saying is, consider it. You're 7 days from a launch that could be a huge failure because you insist on x1 on a server with bugged quests, zones and RDF.

Edit:
I forgot to state that I have seen absolutely 0 marketing anywhere about the server or any hype being started, which means we're looking at a 'small' server that will peak at around 1.500 members maybe, and unless you want that number to dwindle to 200-300 very very fast you need to take action.

Edited by noyr
  • Like 2
  • LUL 3
  • Confused Nick Young 1
  • Feels Bad Man 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I literally searched the bugs on the bugtracker. They are not reported. Don't complain about bugs when you are not also reporting the bugs on the bugtracker.

  • LUL 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Before people say "Just report it on the bug tracker" - there are so many bugs that I, 1 player, discovered in the matter of 1 day would have to spend hours making bug reports, and seeing how poorly of a state the server is in it doesn't make sense to me to even report this."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Farlight said:

I literally searched the bugs on the bugtracker. They are not reported. Don't complain about bugs when you are not also reporting the bugs on the bugtracker.

Most of them are - the Bugs in WC and SFK have been reported and most of them have been fixed already today.
We leveled in both Kalimdor and Eastern Kindoms from 1-20, and it wasnt a issue at all.

This guy has some points, no doubt.. but he is far too negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using 1 day to level 1 char ended on me having to write 52 bug reports with evidence and sources do you have any idea how much work this is? And the server is 7 days from launching, reporting all these bugs is as much work as a full time job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yummy Cunny said:

@noyr What's the show you are watching in your links?
Apologies for offtopic.

Spartacus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look I'm not trying to get every1 and their mother in here to ask me to make bugtracker reports when they have no clue of how much work that is. I wanted the admins to realize that if you do x1 1-80 in 7 days your server will amount to nothing. If that is your goal by all means go ahead, I don't know the goal of the server. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks,
My guild are currently looking for a new home following the failed launch of Entropious TBC server. We've been discussing moving to Tauri WotLK for the launch next week.

Having read about the bugs mentioned above, is there anyone who can give us peace of mind that the issues will be addressed on time for the launch?

I've previously played on the Tauri MoP server and really enjoyed it. So we have high hopes for the new server.

Thanks,

 

Tatey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tateybread said:

Hi folks,
My guild are currently looking for a new home following the failed launch of Entropious TBC server. We've been discussing moving to Tauri WotLK for the launch next week.

Having read about the bugs mentioned above, is there anyone who can give us peace of mind that the issues will be addressed on time for the launch?

I've previously played on the Tauri MoP server and really enjoyed it. So we have high hopes for the new server.

Thanks,

 

Tatey

Not all bugs will be fixed before the launch. But that's mostly since the developers are searching for the source which is hard to find. Since it's 12 years ago....And just a warning Tauriwow is known for having bugs in the begin.... But it's one of the fastest company that fixes it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh no, leveling up might take 5% more time" is what I'm hearing.

I mean really if that's your concern just wait a few days for x7 to kick in.

  • Like 1
  • The fuck is this 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vishi said:

"Oh no, leveling up might take 5% more time" is what I'm hearing.

I mean really if that's your concern just wait a few days for x7 to kick in.

then you didn't read what i said at all, thank you for your input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did actually.

Leveling is such a small part of the private server experience for most people. Most of the zones 1-30 are pretty polished. As are 60-80. 30-60 takes, what, a day? Two days? Extremely minor thing to be complaining about that you *might* have to abandon a quest or zone here or there during that period, or just relax and wait a couple days until x7 kicks in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And as in you abandon these quests, or that zone, you will have nowhere to level and you are forced to do RDF to lvl up, and RDF being bugged you can't do that. So what you're saying is that you agree people shouldn't level because it's impossible for the average player? Hence your "just relax and wait a couple days until x7 kicks in."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not going to have nowhere to level, lol. This isn't Classic. Having a few bugged quests isn't going to suddenly give you nowhere to go. You're really blowing this way out of proportion. The degree to which the server is bugged is nowhere near the level of panic in your post.

  • Tell Me More 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vishi said:

You're not going to have nowhere to level, lol. This isn't Classic. Having a few bugged quests isn't going to suddenly give you nowhere to go. You're really blowing this way out of proportion. The degree to which the server is bugged is nowhere near the level of panic in your post.

So you've leveled 1-58 on the ptr?
My alliance character is stuck at lvl 48 with nowhere to go, as feralas, tanaris, hinterlands, gorge, very start of un'goro and southern felwood is 100% done. There is nowhere for it to quest, and this isn't coming from some1 who sucks at lvling, i've done several rf80 classes on 3.3.5 in the past.

Pls don't try to talk shit if you have 0 clue about what you're saying Vishi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, noyr said:

And as in you abandon these quests, or that zone, you will have nowhere to level and you are forced to do RDF to lvl up, and RDF being bugged you can't do that. So what you're saying is that you agree people shouldn't level because it's impossible for the average player? Hence your "just relax and wait a couple days until x7 kicks in."

What's the bug with RDF? I read the bit about WC but is the system itself working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tateybread said:

What's the bug with RDF? I read the bit about WC but is the system itself working?

If you get a bugged dungeon you can't complete, you still get a 15min time where you can't que, and about 75% of when u left a dungeon you were bugged and couldn't leave the actual party in any way possible (kick, logging out etc) so u couldn't que again even as solo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought you didn't have time to bug report? But you have time to level from 1-58 on a ptr? Sounds like the time wasted on this thread could've just been spent on a few bug reports they could fix and then your concerns are addressed.

Or perhaps you just really don't want them to launch with x1 and maybe you're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about. But hey. Who knows.

  • Like 1
  • The fuck is this 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vishi said:

I thought you didn't have time to bug report? But you have time to level from 1-58 on a ptr? Sounds like the time wasted on this thread could've just been spent on a few bug reports they could fix and then your concerns are addressed.

Or perhaps you just really don't want them to launch with x1 and maybe you're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about. But hey. Who knows.

I leveled 1-48 with godmode buffs on doing quests, that takes roughly 7-8 hours can you relax? You obviously haven't set foot on the PTR and you still try to shill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh, I guess I'm imagining my month on the PTR, 100+ bug reports, AND my relaxed state right now. I'm such a shill for this group I didn't even know about 2 months ago.

Edited by Vishi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reporting bugs on the bugtracker would have taken less effort than writing this forum post and replying to it constantly.

  • Like 1
  • Kappa 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 órája, Tateybread írta:

is there anyone who can give us peace of mind that the issues will be addressed on time for the launch?

If this counts, by the time the guy opened this thread about G A M E B R E A K I N G bugs in low level dungeons, they had already been fixed (no thanks to OP), he just didn't bother checking the changelog beforehand.

I also took my time to check the Ghostlands issues, since I know Chris and JayD did a lot of work on shit that could be causing it, and I could enter Jurion's building without any issues. And nothing wrong with that specific troll hut either. So yeah, I'd think that the guys are preettty great at fixing issues they are actually told about, and also pretty good at noticing large-scale, systematic issues, but it never, ever hurt anyone when users, y'know, cooperated somewhat.

  • LUL 1
  • Hide the pain 1
  • Pusheen Blush 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Aithne said:

If this counts, by the time the guy opened this thread about G A M E B R E A K I N G bugs in low level dungeons, they had already been fixed (no thanks to OP), he just didn't bother checking the changelog beforehand.

I also took my time to check the Ghostlands issues, since I know Chris and JayD did a lot of work on shit that could be causing it, and I could enter Jurion's building without any issues. And nothing wrong with that specific troll hut either. So yeah, I'd think that the guys are preettty great at fixing issues they are actually told about, and also pretty good at noticing large-scale, systematic issues, but it never, ever hurt anyone when users, y'know, cooperated somewhat.

Thanks for the response, the guys tried out some of the dungeons, low level and in northrend. All seemed to be fine beside some stunable bosses in Stratholme Caverns of time which they reported.
Thx again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SFK and WC fixes were already out by the time you made this forum post. Ghostland invisible walls are not there for me. From the zones you mentioned I tested Searing Gorge which had one bug that I reported (escort quest) and the fix was out like 2 hours later. Apart from the escort quest the whole zone is working with no problems. I also went to Felwood and just completed the whole zone, again no "major issues" as you would say.  I havent done dustwallow yet but considering how majority of what you said is bullshit I will not even bother to go there.

  • Like 2
  • Tell Me More 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long before Legion comes out after Crystalsong makes it's debut ? You guys working on Legion at the same time as the wotlk server ? Thanks for response

  • Hide the pain 1
  • Feels Bad Man 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dreame said:

How long before Legion comes out after Crystalsong makes it's debut ? You guys working on Legion at the same time as the wotlk server ? Thanks for response

It was mentioned briefly on discord that essentially the work on legion was halted until Crystalsong is out, it will continue 1 month after launch of said realm, in what capacity i cannot tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 10:30 AM, Foxburn said:

SFK and WC fixes were already out by the time you made this forum post. Ghostland invisible walls are not there for me. From the zones you mentioned I tested Searing Gorge which had one bug that I reported (escort quest) and the fix was out like 2 hours later. Apart from the escort quest the whole zone is working with no problems. I also went to Felwood and just completed the whole zone, again no "major issues" as you would say.  I havent done dustwallow yet but considering how majority of what you said is bullshit I will not even bother to go there.

"completed" whole felwood, including the quests that arent in game? That's impressive

  • PogChamp 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...