Sign in to follow this  
Cat

Question(s) regarding Tauri's future

Adding to this, what will happen if we're playing on the same account, but on different expansions. What will happen when Crystalsong goes MoP? Since mounts and achievements are account bound. How will this issue be managed?

• Like 1

2 perce, Queryy írta:

How will this issue be managed?

Same as the current MoP ptr, where accountwide achievements are already separate. It's not an issue basically, and I don't understand why people keep bringing this up. If we want to separate them, we can.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aithne said:

Same as the current MoP ptr, where accountwide achievements are already separate. It's not an issue basically, and I don't understand why people keep bringing this up. If we want to separate them, we can.

Because it was never really answered everytime it was asked, now i know how its done :) 

Edit: Removing the little incentive achievment hunters have to play tauri for the removed content and achievements that aren't easily obtainable in the current expansion

Edited by Query
  • Like 1
  • LUL 1

tbh i know what axel said isn't persuasive enough for you to consider postponing the wrath project but he is right, the player base will be split up and evermoon will become a ghost town eventually also when it comes to farming SoO for the next 2 years till legion is out isn't the best thing to do rn. 

Edited by Faww
  • Like 3

We're aware of the state of the PTR. Me and a group of people were testing it for a while and we've descovered a ton of bugs, which have already been fixed. Regardless, the bugtracker grows everyday and with 2 weeks left for release, i don't think there's enough time to fix and test everything. Not to mention the that there are a lot of class bugs yet to be found and core interactions that haven't been tested yet. 

The F.R.E.S.H fandom is a really bad one, they rip servers appart on reddit if they crash twice or thrice in the same day, or it has bugs that a standard trinitycore server doesn't. 

In my opinion for what is worth, a delaying the release would give them some good advertisement, it means that they actually care enough to fix most of the bugs and release the realm with the quality that tauri is known for.

• Like 7
  • Hide the pain 1

5 hours ago, Query said:

a delaying the release

or sneak in a 0.1x XP multiplier to keep people at bay from progressing into unfinished areas

• Like 1
  • Putin Approves 1
  • Roll Safe 2

I agree with Query, I think you should delay the release to fix bugs. The problem with that however is all the F R E S H coomers will just leave.

:thinking:

Also unban me pepegahands

Edited by Bringer11
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 2
  • Kappa 1

I think it is not up for discussion... but I do think postponing the launch for atleast a fairly good first impression should happen. There are way too many bugs (and yes, I do think that visual bugs are just as important for the nostalgia purposes) in the open world and apparantly with classes.

• Like 2
  • Feels Bad Man 2

Can't wait to test the release in 8days, I've already packed up the shovels n shit to help digging (we all know what) after those juicy reddit comments. 

Edited by Milan
  • Like 1
  • LUL 3
  • Feels Bad Man 1
  • Feels 1
  • Woah 1
  • PogChamp 1

Thanks Tauri Team for not completely disregarding our concerns, and thanks for recognizing the problematic state of Crystalsong, and I hope both for our and your sake, that this is enough time for both sides to get the server working well. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • PogChamp 1

Hello, i am new here and want to thank the tauri staff to present us the amazing opportunity to experience wotlk in a unique way

• Like 2

So, its that time again, just another "Legion when?" post. 

Recently we had some merges, that got us pretty hyped. But said hype died down. There have been no more commits done (public ones) that we can see. Development of MoP is pretty stale now, with only backports (which btw, have been doing more harm than good) and Wrath's development going full force with Higi and the others pulling off major work hours. So i have to ask, with all of this man power focused on wrath, what's the current state of the development of legion?

There are no posts about it, no updates, not even a shred of information being relayed to the thirsty MoP player base that is waiting impatiently for Legion. 

Some updates would be nice regarding it. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

1 órája, Query írta:

(which btw, have been doing more harm than good)

This really isn't true, and most stuff you've been blaming on backports was broken before, but two things being broken at the same time cancelled each other out in some scenarios. A lot of the bugs were noticed in MoP first, and fixed there, sometimes revealing extra issues, which also got fixed...

And the thing is, Shadowlands will break whatever we're doing in half anyway, due to us being forced to rewrite all our devtools to that expansion. We do not want to start anything of massive scale unti then, since being forced to abandon and then re-familiarize yourself with it takes more time overall than just waiting and keeping yourself occupied with moderate sized things in the meantime. At least, that's what Chris told me.

• Like 1
  • Hide the pain 1
  • PogChamp 1

8 minutes ago, Aithne said:

And the thing is, Shadowlands will break whatever we're doing in half anyway, due to us being forced to rewrite all our devtools to that expansion. We do not want to start anything of massive scale unti then, since being forced to abandon and then re-familiarize yourself with it takes more time overall than just waiting and keeping yourself occupied with moderate sized things in the meantime

This is the kind of info that needs to be put out. You have a pretty hardcore fanbase, myself included. But we don't deserve to be left in the dark while the others get all the fun. 

• Like 9

>Shadowlands
>while the server is on MoP

until then you will launch a new BC server, a new MoP server, and at least 3 other wotlk servers due to popular demand

• Like 1
  • LUL 2
  • Feels Bad Man 1