Hi, new player

Yuttyman

Hello guys been playing retail on and off since vanilla. I have tried a few private servers various versions but like the lore of MOP the best. Not big into PVP and like a nice easy peaceful life. Struggling choosing a server. Evermoon seems to have a few problems population wise, but I do like the crossrealm that Tauri WOW have provided. It shows they clearly want it to work. Im usually a hunter, but have enjoyed a rogue and warrior. Ill probably start 2 characters one on each realm to see which I prefer. Any thoughts or suggestions?.  Thanks.

Hi!
I can't tell you anything about evermoon. But i think if you want an international guild you should start there. There are a few guilds there,, and some of them provide a very good PVE progress. If you only want to enjoy PvP life is suggest you to start a character on wod. It is easy to lvl up and beacause of the cross realm Instance and PvP you can play with players from the other realms.  Evermoon has the most international player, but i think that most of them playing in horde. WoD has a very big horde priority too, so it is your choice, depends on what you want to play: PVE or PvP.
Best Regards,
Plausz

Edited by Plausz

Population-wise Evermoon is behind Tauri alot. Also on Tauri there are international guilds on both alliance and horde that you can join so you won't feel alone. In the end the decision is yours to make: if you prefer an empty world (a more RPG kind of thing) with few english speaking members then go Evermoon, if you want to feel that the server is alive come Tauri. Yes you will see hungarian being spoken alot but some people are nice and communicate with you in english if you ask them nicely, and you can even join an international guild. 

Sidenote: I would like to contradict @Plausz a bit on his statement: Evermonn does not have the most international members. International members on Tauri (Horde+Alliance) account for like 500-650 players in total, while Evermoon has like half of that O.o

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tunec said:

Population-wise Evermoon is behind Tauri alot. Also on Tauri there are international guilds on both alliance and horde that you can join so you won't feel alone. In the end the decision is yours to make: if you prefer an empty world (a more RPG kind of thing) with few english speaking members then go Evermoon, if you want to feel that the server is alive come Tauri. Yes you will see hungarian being spoken alot but some people are nice and communicate with you in english if you ask them nicely, and you can even join an international guild. 

Sidenote: I would like to contradict @Plausz a bit on his statement: Evermonn does not have the most international members. International members on Tauri (Horde+Alliance) account for like 500-650 players in total, while Evermoon has like half of that O.o

Is there any PVE international guild that actually raiding on Tauri?

@Kas The guild that I'm in "Death Shout" (alliance)is setting its 25-man squad. We do lack some healers tho. In the meantime we do farm Wrath+Cata raids for x-mog/loot/achievements. The guild is quite fresh so it's kinda expected but I'm positive in 2-3 weeks we will start raiding MOP regularly.

Sadly I don't have any knowledge about the international horde raiding scene.

Edited by Tunec

• 2 weeks later...

Since the implementation of 2x xp on Evermoon I can definitely say that the population has picked up. If you are a primarily English speaking player I urge you to be a part of the population solution rather than the problem for Evermoon. I don't know your faction preference but if you are interested in playing and raiding there are a few guilds on Alliance that raid during different times throughout the week. With the implementation of crossrealm Auction House population issues are very limited and Evermoon is a great place to level and enjoy other English speaking players. Hope this helps and if you have any further questions let me know.

Edited by Rorhn
Punctuation.

• 3 months later...

I'm a relatively new member of Tauri.  The game default put me on Evermoon, and I like it.  I personally like to solo quest/grind so not having to fight for mobs is good.  In a large guild (550+) called Prime and everyone is pretty friendly.  Lots of Hungarian in guild chat, but most speak English, too.  I think it's cool that different cultures come together in-game like that.  That's something that was lacking in retail.

I read that Evermoon is a PvE server, but once I got into Duskwood I was auto-flagged.  I think it's a PvP realm.

The AH is great, though.  Because of the low pop (and laziness of others) you could make a killing on the AH just by playing the game and selling xmog gear and rare drops.  2x XP is good, too.  You can just casually play and hit lvl 40 in no time.

Mrmel that’s weird about duskwood. Might be a weird phasing thing in a certain area. Very glad to hear you’re liking it and in Prime too :D truly hope people continue to join/play here. 

15 hours ago, Rorhn said:

Mrmel that’s weird about duskwood. Might be a weird phasing thing in a certain area. Very glad to hear you’re liking it and in Prime too :D truly hope people continue to join/play here. 

I think it may be a slight bug of the server.  Same thing happened to a different toon in Eversong Woods, so I really don't think I was flagged, it just appeared that I was.

Yeah, loving Prime so far.  Just hit 60 last night on my main so looking forward to more progression.  Now I wish I raided in retail (I retired from raiding after LK).  When I hit 90, I'll have no clue how to do the fights, so I'll have to watch YouTube to find out.

Fatboss videos are love fatboss videos are life. The fights aren't too overly complex for the most part, but watching videos will definitely be a great idea.

15 hours ago, Rorhn said:

Fatboss videos are love fatboss videos are life. The fights aren't too overly complex for the most part, but watching videos will definitely be a great idea.

Thanks.  I got time.  Only hit 62 last night.  In retail, I was an achievement whore, so once I hit 90 I'll probably go back and do a ton of achievements before I get into current raiding.  Since we're only on 5.1, I got time.