Chipmunk

Can't move my character left (Mac)

Hey everyone! So I'm having trouble moving left with my character ... first a little detail:

1. I'm Playing Mists of Pandaria (5.4.8).
  2. I use a Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015).
  3. I have High Sierra version 10.13.6.
  4. Under 'Mac Options' in the in-game menu, I have 'Use Command Key as Control key' turned ON. 
  5. I have all my abilities mapped to my gaming mouse; the exception being WASD, space bar (of course), and 2 modifier keys (Shift, Cmd) - these are on my keyboard.
  6. I use Bartender4.

I've noticed a problem when playing: when I try to turn left (A button) whilst holding my Ctrl modifier (the Cmd button), nothing happens and my character becomes locked in place. This does not happen when I use my other modifier keys, Alt and Shift. Those both work fine. Holding W, A and Cmd only causes me to run directly forwards. The same situation applies when I backpedal with S, A and Cmd. I even put Ctrl-A as a secondary key binding for 'Turn Left' and it still didn't work. Interesting thing I discovered is, when I do the same with the ACTUAL Ctrl button, not Cmd ... everything works fine! 

Seems like a Mac-related issue. I've checked my key bindings 3 times over: nothing is bound to Ctrl-A, or anything A-related by extension (other than A for 'Turn Left', of course). I could use the ctrl key, but it's very uncomfortable to use - it's a small button in an awkward place. It's really weird because Cmd works fine for everything else I do.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on? I'm stumped!

Edited by Chipmunk