Download WoD_Models_for_MoP.rar [3.2 GB]

1. Description
2. Content
3. Installation
4. Use
5. Troubleshoot

Description
After copying the pack's files into the game directory, launching the game with the right .exe, then you will be able play with the new models from Warlord of Draenor. Important! It will only work, if your game is fully downloaded.
(Despite that in WoD, the different faces comes with different models, here, just as it is in pre-WoD, there are only one face model, and every other face texture will be placed on it.)

Content - WoD_Models_for_MoP.rar [3.2 GB]

•   Data/enUS/wow-update-enUS-18274.mpq
  •   Data/enUS/wow-update-enUS-18275.mpq
  •   Data/enUS/wow-update-enUS-18276.mpq
  •   Wow-32(UpdatedModels).exe
  •   Wow-64(UpdatedModels).exe

Installation
1. Upack the WoD_Models_for_Mop.rar.
2. Copy the files to the game directory. If you are using the Tauri Launcher, then to .../Tauri Launcher/MoP/
(!)If you do not use the Tauri Launcher, and downloaded the game from other source, it can happen, your game is enGB, and not enUS.
You can get to know it, if you go to your game directory, and then open the data directory, and there will be an enUS, or enGB, ruRU, esES, etc.

Spoiler

Lf3KCXN.png

If enUS, then you are good to go, else before copying the files, you gotta rename some of them.
If you got enGB, first you have to rename the enUS to enGB within the Data, and then you have to replace the enUS to enGB in the .mpq file names.
If the original file is Data/enUS/wow-update-enUS-18274.mpq, then the new file must be: Data/enGB/wow-update-enGB-18274.mpq .

Spoiler
Spoiler

3ROeAur.png

Spoiler

k4Cq7LQ.png

If you got all this, then all you have to do is to copy the files into the game folder.

Use
Before running the game, delete the Cache directory in the game directory.
If you launch with the Wow-32(UpdatedModels).exe or the Wow-64(UpdatedModels).exe the new models will be playable. Or if you use the original .exes, or the Tauri Launcher, then you will be able to play with the old ones.

Troubleshoot
If you keep clearing your Cache directory, between switching to the new model from the old models, and vica versa, you are good. After I switched back from the new models, to the old ones, and I played for a while, and then exited, it took a bit longer than ususal, had resulted in an error (Own experience). If you clear the cache, you won't have any trouble. I did not have any.

If you found an error, let me know. I most likely won't notice any of them, as I am stickying with the good ol' ones.

Before - After

Spoiler
Spoiler

3f5sg4Z.jpg

Spoiler

SXkMbJT.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

RaYIPY3.jpg

Spoiler

kCZNwWE.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

0QNtFUl.jpg

Spoiler

fT1znop.jpg

Edited by Atlas
Könyebb megkülönböztethetőség
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't have any racial backgrounds in character panel after installing those models. I see only my character new model and low quality picture of Orgrimmar in the background. Is that normal?

the models are not working, tried deleting cache file multiple times, aswell as the cache file in the data folder, and still no new models, the only thing that has changed is the character backround on the character screen

Ekkor: 25/9/2017 ekkor: 2:50, treadmarks írta:

the models are not working, tried deleting cache file multiple times, aswell as the cache file in the data folder, and still no new models, the only thing that has changed is the character backround on the character screen

you should put the mpq files in data/enus folder NOT only in the data folder, plus launch the game from the right .exe

other useful info:

Known bugs: 

• As you may have noticed, there is a 64-bit exe included. The .exe will cause the game to crash in certain areas, especially the ones with lots of mobs. It provides no real benefit since the game itself usually doesn't use more than 900 mb of RAM. 
  • There might be issues with the displaying of some helmets. (example) 
  • The textures of some kilt-type armors might be displayed incorrectly. This is a known bug on Retail. 
  • Some weapons will look much smaller when sheathed, especially on Taurens. This bug happens on Retail as well. (example) 
  • Death Knight exclusive hair colors were made available to all classes. However, if you choose any of these colors, people not using this patch will see your hair color differently: How I see myself / How people without the patch see me 
  • There's an issue related to Blood Elves: there are 2 different sets of earrings (females) and facial hair (males). The first set will make your eyes glow green, which is fine. The second set will not make your eyes glow green, will not allow you to use the Barber Shop, and may cause additional texture problems. Avoiding this is pretty simple: 
    - For females, do not choose any earring above number 11 (see the right side of the screen). 
    - For males, do not choose any facial hair above number 10 
  • If your already-existing Blood Elf character cannot use the Barber Shop, log in using the normal wow.exe provided by freakz, go to the barber shop and change your facial hair / earrings 2-3 times, then log back using wow-32/64.exe. 
  • Draenei females can use the new hornstyle (screenshot), however, it will not allow you to use the Barber Shop. So if you really want to use the new horn style, you'll be stuck with the same hair style and color for the rest of the game. If you want to change those, you will have to log in with the normal wow.exe and use the Barber Shop, but you will permanently loose the horn style. Also people without the patch will see your horns differently. 
  • Changing Draenei female horn styles will often crash the game. It's best to log in with the normal wow.exe, change your horn style, then log back using wow-32/64.exe. 

The models working fine for me I realized every step as your post says but I have a problem, I can't see my feet in all races except Worgen, Pandaren and Goblins.

Any help? Thank you!!

Screens: https://imgur.com/a/6AAP7

Edit: I downloaded the full client from tauri english guide.

Edited by freyjah16

I downloaded the files, extracted them and changed them from enUS to enGB and put the files in the MoP data folder then used the updated launcher and it didnt work gave me some error about internet connection even though my internet is fine

pls help

• Feels Bad Man 1

9 órája, mugger98 írta:

Can someone maybe make a video i am super lost.

you could search for a video online, I'm sure there are plenty (or at least some) already

Hey, 

new models work fine but I have one problem with addons. With any addon my fps immediately drops from 90+ to 25-30.  It doesn´t matter which updated launcher I use (32 or 64). Everything is fine when i use launcher with old models. Any ideas why and how to fix it?