Ugrás a tartalomra
Higi

Cata Realm Speculations

International Cataclysm  

125 tag szavazott

1. 1. Would you play on an International Cataclysm Realm released by Tauri

• I've never played on Tauri but I'd love to play on your Cata server rather than MoP
    • I play on your MoP servers, I'd move to Cata because I like it better than MoP
    • I play on MoP servers, and I would also like to play on your Cata realm aswell
    • I'd rather play on your MoP servers

10 órája, pontos írta:

Still hypothetically speaking, would it be possible to either establish a RaF system or simply use higher rates? Your leveling content is amazingly scripted, but some people are just too jaded from leveling with all the recent failed servers. 

I brought up the issue last week. I just got the answer that it is so ez to level characters, since most quests work, and it would have a few issues to. We have a healthy Character trade economy... And higher rate XP would possibly increase the number of max level toons on the server thus bringing the prices down. - Many people would abuse the system... This we're sure of... 

But I'm open for suggestions... Next time I have to write these down to a paper xD I'm to forgetful....

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon
7 perce, Higi írta:

Well... At the time, we advertised Evermoon on reddit, we got bashed about this opinion.

It seems like it's not enough. Maybe it would help, if you would make more votes on the website.

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

I mean; if your Cata content works so flawlessly, never have increased rates, or at least give players the option to choose exp rate by a command. By increasing exp rate, you risk to skip a lot of content.

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

Merging Evermoon with Tauri would be great I think, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more English players on Tauri than on Evermoon. As sad as it may sound, from what I've seen most of the players tend to flock to where there are more people, and having a server populated by roughly ~100 people won't persuade too many to join. A lot of people seem to prefer alternatives with far worse scripting ala Warmane/Atlantiss, simply because of the number of players those servers host.

A few personal notes: While I think MoP is one of WoW's better expansions (and personally can't wait to get to progress through HoF, ToT and SoO again), a lot of the private server community seems to be against it, for reasons already mentioned here. Back when Tauri was in its mop pre-patch phase, when I was trying to advertise the server on r/wowservers, a vast majority of the negative response was due to the expansion ('lol mop, really?'), and of the preconceived notion that the server was mainly a Hungarian one. 

I also definitely think that re-opening your Cata server as a fresh progression one would steal the competition, by far.  Something like RaF would definitely help the people that are unwilling to re-level their characters, or something like buyable xp-boosts for real life currency.

Módosítva Ozu által
  • Like 1

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

and btw, is atlantiss even an option for cata fans? i mean, i leveled there with raf and did some end content and there´s not a single dungeons that doesn't have annoying bugs, and even so many quests are broken ( and im not even a "quester" i mainly level with dungeons , i cant even imagine people that enjoy questing... ) . a International cata server will have that pop a MOD talkd above 1000-1500, and the 1st server to open will have that. 

will it be Tauri or wowzealot? <-- this is the question. 

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

Atlantis has the international population, plus a steady constant 1.5k population, which is enough for a lot of people as I've said above.

I'm very skeptical about zealot. A lot of their scripting showcase videos are just rubbish, like the one where a quest switches your character model with a naga's. Amazing.

I'm aware that most fresh servers are usually run-of-the-mill at launch and actually get better with time and good devs, Nostalrius among others was exactly the same. That's why I'm not gonna let myself get disappointes by another server that's been 'in development for over a year, to be released next month'.

Módosítva Ozu által

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon
Ekkor: 2017-08-09 ekkor: 6:44, Jonas írta:

Too long of a quote. I apologise, but I will not bother answering to the specifics of your post since you assume stuff randomly such as "if you <> then you clearly haven't played both". Yes I have and for a long time. I came here after a long time on Atlantiss and have played MOP even longer than that.

But even if that weren't true, what I am saying is not subjective to my FEELINGS, which is what most cataclysm fanbois are arguing here e.g. they think or they feel cataclysm is better. You argue pve wise. (and rightfully, since PVP wise, MOP was one of the best) I have done both MOP and Cata pve and they were both enjoyable. But a few clicks away will lead you to google and you can find out all the wrong things about Cata pve and why it was considered the most overhyped disappointment at the time. I have played it when it was fresh out of blizzard's oven btw and I am not talking out of my ass.

The objective reality, and not the feeling based reality of "I like this more" is that the whole of cataclysm's fanbase is on atlantiss and that has been declining, mind you, Atlantiss has very good scripts for a private server, only slightly worse than Tauri and a pretty loyal player base. I don't mind them opening a cata realm, I was arguing that it will be closing really soon after due to lack of players.

The problem I had was that after announcing a very important feature like crossrealm AH, they failed to deliver, removed the ETA and stopped answering ALL questions on the matter. That is very unprofessional of them and very discouraging for the playerbase that's left. And after all of that, they add a poll on opening a new server. Now that's some major bs right there.

Have a blessed day.

"Atlantiss has very good scripts, only slightly worse than Tauri" 

That's where I realise you're a troll. Atlantiss being stuck at firelands for 1+ year and it still being buggy means its good scripting? levling is broken, Vashj'ir is nonexistant, Hyjal buggy.

Holy shit lol, you are talking out of your ass.

Cata was considered ONLY a dissapointment because they nerfed the difficulty of dungeons lol.. The dungeons were great early on (4.0.6) then they nerfed it cause casuals were whining about it being too hard. Before that there was ZERO complaints. Raids were good, only thing being bad was Deathwing being a lackluster fight.

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

Higi, just implement the double-triple-quintuple XP boost potions for a nominal amount of credits, whatever, who cares. It's not really that huge of an in-game advantage. Those who are too lazy to level on 1x rates can chip in that way.

Also, merging tauri and evermoon has a lot more advantages than drawbacks in the long run I think, but it would require some preparation and some player education. The latter part fills me with trepidation as TT's skill at interacting with their players has been less than ideal.

Módosítva Dave által

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon
11 hours ago, eliass0n said:

"Atlantiss has very good scripts, only slightly worse than Tauri" 

That's where I realise you're a troll. Atlantiss being stuck at firelands for 1+ year and it still being buggy means its good scripting? levling is broken, Vashj'ir is nonexistant, Hyjal buggy.

Holy shit lol, you are talking out of your ass.

Cata was considered ONLY a dissapointment because they nerfed the difficulty of dungeons lol.. The dungeons were great early on (4.0.6) then they nerfed it cause casuals were whining about it being too hard. Before that there was ZERO complaints. Raids were good, only thing being bad was Deathwing being a lackluster fight.

Nope buddy, you're only emphasising your own opinions. And attacking me personally on the way. Which is shitty, but if that makes you happy, go for it. I see you really want a cataclysm server. I hope they give you one.

Módosítva Jonas által

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon
8 hours ago, Slave said:

Twinstar it's not what I'm interesting in. If Tauri won't open Cataclysm realm, I pref to stay Atlatiss.

Twinstar is 200000000000000 times better than Atlantiss. Atlantiss has been absolute dogshit since 2015. 

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

Well we will monitor twinstar but I doubt that there would be a great interest in it. But we might be wrong.
Our main dev is on the opinion that we don't need a failed project. Yes we have all it's content done and ready. But still, in this case it would only depend on the interest. And he says that Cata in his opinion doesn't attract that many players. Even if it's really well implemented.

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon
Ekkor: 25/8/2017 ekkor: 11:53, Higi írta:

Well we will monitor twinstar but I doubt that there would be a great interest in it. But we might be wrong.
Our main dev is on the opinion that we don't need a failed project. Yes we have all it's content done and ready. But still, in this case it would only depend on the interest. And he says that Cata in his opinion doesn't attract that many players. Even if it's really well implemented.

sorry if i necro the topic a bit but i want to give my opinion, first of all i think you need to know what you want your server to be, if international/english with hungarian support or hungarian with english support because are two different things, if you want it to be main hungarian is pointless to ask us if we want a cata realm since we are a little part of your playerbase, instead if you want to open your servers to the world you should start translate everything in english and use english as the default language, like translate the forum ui, the in game mail ect and in the meantime keep the hungarian support, like atlantiss did when they changed the server from polish to international.

Then there is a thing i don't know, i remember 2 or 3 years ago tauri was like with 3, 3.5k online players, now are around 1.5k and i don't know what happened since i wasn't playing here, i think you should know if your community prefer to play on cata than mop, and i think also if your cata is ready to play it will not be a real failure if it will not be a success since you don't have to invest a lot of time in it. one thing is sure, if you want to release another server you need to hype it on reddit, with a good campaign of videos and advertise it as a true international server with not pay to win shop.

Módosítva Ryu által

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

If they make a cataclysm server, it will be international, hungarian players had enough of cata.

Playerbase: before a new expansion hits the server, the length of the previous raid is so big that player get bored and play other games or retail. Ds was like a year long, and in cataclysm theres no other endgame content. In WotLK 3 years long ICC reduced the online playerbase from 5000 to 1500-2000.(with the new tools they can make content faster, so I don't think SoO will be as long as on retail)

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

Looking at twinstar's release, it's safe to say there was (and still is) a very solid interest in a cata server lol. It's a shame the rates were x1 and it's now apparent the raid scripts aren't as great as they were expected, with endgame raid bosses dropping like flies. 

If tauri released a cata realm with a 4x RaF system I'm sure they'd get a very healthy playerbase with minimal advertising. Seriously, people underestimate the damage that x1 rates can cause to a server. 

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

Bump.

It's really sad how fast twinstar's server died taking into consideration how lively it was for the first month. Devs screwed up way too many things, I still believe a fresh Cataclysm server with actually well scripted end-game bosses would attract a large playerbase with a healthy race for RFs. 

• Kappa 1
  • Mesélj még 1

Bejegyzés megosztása

Hivatkozás a bejegyzésre
Megosztás más oldalakon

Hozzászólás előtt jelentkezz be

A hozzászóláshoz bejelentkezés szükséges.

Jelentkezz be most